Reliable communication is needed for the effectiveness of home security systems.
Alarm monitoring basics
- Alarm monitoring is a bridge between security provider’s central station and the home security system.
- Home control panel identifies an emergency situation and conveys a signal to the central monitoring station.
- The personnel at the central monitoring station receive the signal and notify appropriate authorities who are sent to your residence.
Control panel is crucial
- Control panels include a set-up of sensors connected with doors, windows, tamper sensors, motion detectors, or smoke detectors.
- When any sensors are triggered, the control panel system sends a signal to the central monitoring station wirelessly.
- The first signal alerts monitoring technicians, who call you to confirm if the emergency is real or an accidental trigger.
- If you don’t respond then the appropriate emergency response agency gets dispatched to your address.
- Some extra features calgary security companies provide are immediate alarms.
- There is no silent alarm sent or confirmation call sent to the monitoring station but it contacts the specific authorities directly and sends them to your home.
- For example, an emergency signal from a medical alert pendant gets routed to paramedic or ambulance services.
- Smoke detector triggers get routed to the fire department.